Rice is an excellent side dish or addition to casseroles, soups, etc. It is a good source of thiamine and folate and makes an essential addition to any food storage supply.
White rice is milled rice that has had its husk, bran, and germ removed. This alters the flavor, texture and appearance of the rice and helps prevent spoilage and extend its storage life. After milling, the rice is polished, resulting in a seed with a bright, white, shiny appearance.
(Please Note: This product is not grown in Idaho or Utah.)
FOOD STORAGE RECOMMENDATION: 50 lbs. of Rice per year/per adult. (This amount is based on the recommendations listed in the LDS Church’s Home Production and Storage manual. These figures are recommendations, and are basic year supply minimums only. You will need to choose the best options and foods you should store for your family.) Remember, for gluten-intolerant individuals, Rice and Oat Groats make wonderful flour and you should plan on much more for flour production). Our 4-gallon heavy-duty stackable square buckets are strongly recommended for storage purposes!! They are lined with air-tight, RE-SEALABLE Mylar bags and have Oxygen Pack inserts to keep them fresh, delicious, and pest-free for 30 years!
AVAILABLE IN: 4 lb. Pouch and 4 gallon long-term storage Mylar/bucket (approx. 25 lbs.)
STORE PICKUP PROCEDURES:
- Pickup Order Cut Off: Wednesday 4:00 pm (paid for online only)
- Pick up Time: Friday12:00pm -4:00 pm (Mountain Standard)
- Pickup Location: 1780 North Highway 38, Brigham City, Utah 84302
- Pay Online Only: All orders for Local Pickup must be paid for online by 4:00 pm Wdnesday for pickup at Friday at noon-5:00, otherwise they will be available on Friday of the following week.
- Prepayment: All orders for Local Pickup must be prepaid through our online shopping cart.
- ID will be required for pickups
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you order AFTER 4 PM on Wednesday, your order will be available on Friday of the following week. At this time we’re unable to accommodate various pickup times.
If you have any questions please call and we will be so happy to help!