Lentils are an ancient legume that have long been a staple in south Asian diets. They have a soft, almost nutty texture when cooked, and make some of the most DELICIOUS soups! Lentils are an excellent source of protein and contain less dietary fiber than beans, which makes them easier for digestion (so they work well for those suffering from that unmentionable flatulence). They carry almost the same calories and protein as large beans…100 grams of lentils hold 352 calories and 24.63 g or 44% of recommended daily values of protein. They contain relatively high levels of many B-complex vitamins, pantothenic acid, riboflavin, niacin and iron.
FOOD STORAGE RECOMMENDATION: Studies recommend 80 pounds of beans and legumes per adult/per year as part of a balanced subsistence diet. It is good to have a variety, of course, but Lentils are an excellent foundation legume and are so delicious! Our 4-gallon heavy-duty stackable square buckets are strongly recommended for storage purposes!! They are lined with air-tight Mylar bags and have Oxygen Pack inserts to keep them fresh, delicious, and pest-free for 30 years!
AVAILABLE IN: 4 lb bag — 25 lb bag — and 4 gallon bucket (approx. 28 lbs.)
STORE PICKUP PROCEDURES:
- Pickup Order Cut Off: Monday 4:00 pm (paid for online only)
- Pick up Time: Wednesday 12:00pm -4:00 pm (Mountain Standard)
- Pickup Location: 1780 North Highway 38, Brigham City, Utah 84302
- Pay Online Only: All orders for Local Pickup must be paid for online by 4:00 pm Monday for pickup at Wednesday at noon, otherwise they will be available on Wednesday of the following week.
- Prepayment: All orders for Local Pickup must be prepaid through our online shopping cart.
- ID will be required for pickups
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you order AFTER 4 PM on Monday, your order will be available on Wednesday of the following week. At this time we’re unable to accommodate various pickup times.
If you have any questions please call and we will be so happy to help!