Pinto beans are a nutrient-rich, low-fat, excellent source of protein and fiber. One cup of pinto beans provides more than 20 percent of the recommended dietary allowance of six vitamins and minerals, as long as you fix them from scratch rather than choosing the canned variety. One cup of boiled pinto beans provides 15 grams or 60% of your daily fiber (based on a 2,000-calorie-a-day diet.) They’re an excellent source of iron, magnesium, manganese, thiamin and vitamin B-6. They’re exceptionally high in folate, too. If you add pinto beans to your diet gradually and eat them regularly, your body has time to adjust, and you can avoid gaseous side effects, according to FamilyDoctor.org. When participants in a research study ate 1/2 cup of pinto beans, baked beans or black-eyed peas daily, 70 percent of those who experienced flatulence in the first week reported it was gone after eating beans regularly for several weeks, according to the November 2011 issue of the “Nutrition Journal.”
FOOD STORAGE RECOMMENDATION: Studies recommended 80 pounds of beans and legumes per adult/per year as part of a balanced subsistence diet. It is good to have a variety, of course, but Pintos are an excellent foundation legume. Our 4-gallon heavy-duty stackable square buckets are strongly recommended for storage purposes!! They are lined with air-tight Mylar bags and have Oxygen Pack inserts to keep them fresh, delicious, and pest-free for 30 years!
AVAILABLE IN: 4 lb bag — 25 lb bag — and 4 gallon bucket (approx. 27 lbs.)
STORE PICKUP PROCEDURES:
- Pickup Order Cut Off: Monday 4:00 pm (paid for online only)
- Pick up Time: Wednesday 12:00pm -4:00 pm (Mountain Standard)
- Pickup Location: 1780 North Highway 38, Brigham City, Utah 84302
- Pay Online Only: All orders for Local Pickup must be paid for online by 4:00 pm Monday for pickup at Wednesday at noon, otherwise they will be available on Wednesday of the following week.
- Prepayment: All orders for Local Pickup must be prepaid through our online shopping cart.
- ID will be required for pickups
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you order AFTER 4 PM on Monday, your order will be available on Wednesday of the following week. At this time we’re unable to accommodate various pickup times.
If you have any questions please call and we will be so happy to help!