Split peas are a high-protein legume, rich in fiber and packed with vitamins and minerals. They are a great source of fiber and help manage your blood sugar levels. A single cup of split peas provides 65 percent of your daily fiber needs. They’re also a great source of protein, offering 16 grams in that same cup — and only 231 calories.
These humble legumes also have some mighty vitamin powers: 12% of your daily vitamin K, 25% of your thiamin
32% of your folate needs. Additionally, the thiamin and high fiber content found in split peas help manage blood sugar. Thiamin supports heart and brain health, as does folate.
FOOD STORAGE RECOMMENDATION: Studies recommended 80 pounds of beans and legumes per adult/per year as part of a balanced subsistence diet. It is good to have a variety, of course, but Split Peas are a delicious, versatile, excellent foundation legume. Our 4-gallon heavy-duty stackable square buckets are strongly recommended for storage purposes!! They are lined with air-tight Mylar bags and have Oxygen Pack inserts to keep them fresh, delicious, and pest-free for 30 years!
AVAILABLE IN: 4 lb bag — 25 lb bag — and 4 gallon bucket (approx. 27 lbs.)
STORE PICKUP PROCEDURES:
- Pickup Order Cut Off: Monday 4:00 pm (paid for online only)
- Pick up Time: Wednesday 12:00pm -4:00 pm (Mountain Standard)
- Pickup Location: 1780 North Highway 38, Brigham City, Utah 84302
- Pay Online Only: All orders for Local Pickup must be paid for online by 4:00 pm Monday for pickup at Wednesday at noon, otherwise they will be available on Wednesday of the following week.
- Prepayment: All orders for Local Pickup must be prepaid through our online shopping cart.
- ID will be required for pickups
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you order AFTER 4 PM on Monday, your order will be available on Wednesday of the following week. At this time we’re unable to accommodate various pickup times.
If you have any questions please call and we will be so happy to help!