Black Beans have a unique earthy flavor profile and have been a staple in many central and South American diets for years…but now the health benefits are being documented as well..for example black bean carbohydrates provide primarily a “resistant starch” i.e. the starch is not converted into simple sugars and our blood sugar level can avoid a quick rise. Second, they are a great source of Phytonutrients found in the “seed coat” …scientists conclude it makes sense to think about black beans in the same category as red cabbage, red onions, or even blueberries because they feature a rich flavonoid composition. And in large-scale human studies black beans have shown a general tendency toward better overall fat metabolism when included as part of a routine meal plan.
FOOD STORAGE RECOMMENDATION: Studies recommended 60-80 pounds of beans and legumes per adult/per year as part of a balanced subsistence diet. It is good to have a variety, of course, but Black Beans are wonderfully versatile for so many recipes!
Our 4-gallon heavy-duty stackable square buckets are strongly recommended for storage purposes!! They are lined with air-tight Mylar bags and have Oxygen Pack inserts to keep them fresh, delicious, and pest-free for 30 years!
AVAILABLE IN: 4 lb bag — 25 lb bag — and 4 gallon bucket (approx. 27 lbs.)
STORE PICKUP PROCEDURES:
- Pickup Order Cut Off: Monday 4:00 pm (paid for online only)
- Pick up Time: Wednesday 12:00pm -4:00 pm (Mountain Standard)
- Pickup Location: 1780 North Highway 38, Brigham City, Utah 84302
- Pay Online Only: All orders for Local Pickup must be paid for online by 4:00 pm Monday for pickup at Wednesday at noon, otherwise they will be available on Wednesday of the following week.
- Prepayment: All orders for Local Pickup must be prepaid through our online shopping cart.
- ID will be required for pickups
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you order AFTER 4 PM on Monday, your order will be available on Wednesday of the following week. At this time we’re unable to accommodate various pickup times.
If you have any questions please call and we will be so happy to help!